Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sledding


We got quite a bit of fresh snow this past week. We got back up to about two-ish feet of snow. Some of it was incredibly wet and hard to shovel and some of it was really light and fluffy. Then we got a thaw and it was so warm. A lot of snow melted but we've still got a little less than a foot of snow cover, even in sunny spots.

So during the thaw we went sledding when it was 45º and there were puddles on the ground. I may or may not have been two warm in my ski gear. My in-laws have a spot. There's a great sledding hill in one of the nearby towns and when we got there we were the only ones there!



Hubs and my MIL where both terrified of sledding down head first but I wasn't.


A horrible wipeout. Everyone wipedout on this sled. I was so glad I had a lot of padding. Fun fact. My ski pants are from the summer between my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college. They still fit (but are tight). I have no idea why I worry about my weight.


How was your weekend? Did you get out any enjoy the outdoors?


7 comments:

  1. I love these photos, we can see how clearly you enjoyed yourself! I spent a bit of time outside too which felt like an absolute gift (yay warm weather in New England) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warm weather was so welcomed. It has been so cold, so long. Winter started too soon this year.

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! We had snow this winter but nearly that much, sledding seems so fun! I need to find a snowy destination and do this one day. My weekend was great, I went art hunting around the city so I guess that's a little outdoorsy lol

    The Indie Byline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could travel to a ski resort and go snow tubing! They have runs set up for it and you'd be guaranteed snow! Were you hunting for art for yourself? What kind?

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.