Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Into the City and Back Again

On Sunday, my parents dropped us off at our friends' apartment. They had managed to unpack everything and their apartment looked so well put together.

They took us out to dinner at Quartino, a nice Italian resturaunt with pizza and small plates about three blocks west of Michigan Avenue (the Magnificent Mile part). It was delicious and packed so if you'd like to go there I would recommend making reservations. We had delicious pizza, delicious pasta, olives (unlike the tapas place, they were not out of olives), cheese, lots and lots of wine, plus some pasta.

I wore my Lilly Pulitzer Tabitha Dress on the L.
We both survived our encounter with public transportation.

We got back to their place and challenged one another to various Sporcle quizzes then went to bed.

The next morning we woke up and hung out. We at lunch at the Five Guys (with a 100 flavor coke machine) near their apartment and spent a lot of time in at the Unabridged Bookstore. I ended up getting a book for myself and two books to give to my Dad for his birthday. I am glad that they are friends have found a new apartment near a good bookstore. AT's old apartment in Allston, MA was near a good bookstore that we used to stop by when we went to visit her.


On the L.


We headed back up to the North Shore for the evening. We had planned on going to a concert at Ravinia but one of the performers was ill and the concert was cancelled.

We spent the afternoon in my parents' sunroom. AT loved watching all the bunnies that help maintain the landscaping and I watched the birds using the pool cover as a birdbath (there are no children at home to use the pool so my mom decided not to open it up this year).

Instead I invited my high school friends over and we had Carson's. I love Carson's coleslaw and think it is the absolute best in the world. Carson's is famous for their ribs and those are phenomenal too.

It was fun for me to watch my friends from two totally different areas of my life (high school and college) interact. I thought they got along remarkably well and we had a good time.

After dinner we roasted s'mores in the fire pit in the backyard.





(I thought I took more photos but apparently I was mistaken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.