Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats


Let me start by saying that I absolutely hate marshmallows. Sometimes I think what's there not to like about them--they're all sugar--but then I give them a try and remember that just I don't like them. But they're usually okay with other things. For example these rice crispy treats I made are so delicious! Home made rice crispy treats are so much better than the kind you buy in a store.

Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
40 large marshmallows (or 3 cups miniature ones)
5 c. crisp rice cereal
1/3 c. butter (I naturally used just a little more than called for)
3/4 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips divided into 1/2 c. and 1/4 c. portions

Melt butter over low heat then add 1/2 c. chocolate chips, and then marshmallows. Stir until melted. When the marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted mix in the rice cereal. Mix well. "Pour" this mixture into a well greased dish, sprinkle 1/4 c. chocolate chips on top and compress with the back of a well greased spoon.

Pro Tip: Soak the pot for a long time before cleaning because melted marshmallow is really hard to scrub off.

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning the pan is always the worst part about making rice crispy treats! It takes as long as making the darn things! I do love them though. I don't make them very often because I will eat the entire tray before I realize what I've done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.