Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits

So I've been afraid of making biscuits because I don't have quite enough counter space in my tiny kitchen to roll out biscuits. But one day I made a split pea soup but we were out of bread so I looked in my How to Cook Everything cookbook for a quick bread recipe, I saw the drop biscuits, decided I'd try to replicate Ruby Tuesday's Garlic Cheese Biscuits. I think these are a close success! I believe the Ruby Tuesday's ones are a bit saltier but Hubs was incredibly happy with these. And, despite Bittman's warnings that they're best eaten right out of the oven, I thought they tasted great for breakfast reheated in the toaster oven the next morning.



Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits

1 cup all-pupose flour
scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil (or butter)
1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder (8 cloves fresh garlic minced/chopped)

Heat oven to 450º. Mix the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter or mix in the oil. Mix in the milk and cheese. Drop tablespoons of dough onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I've made these and they taste sooooo good! I'm jealous that you made them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.