Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blueberry Pecan Oatmeal Muffins

Muffins taste better when shaped like doughnuts.
I swear it tastes and smelled so much better than it looked.


Ingredients
4 eggs
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup skim milk
1 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cups oatmeal

2/3 cup pecan pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Warm milk and apple sauce in microwave oven. Mix first group of ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes so the oats will soften. Then gently mix in the remaining ingredients. Bake at 375º for 22 minutes. Makes approximately 30 muffins.

I used Multigrain Hot Cereal because Hubs bought some and then didn't like it and I didn't like it much either so I used it up in this mash up of my plane old boring oatmeal muffin recipe. I also mashed the blueberries because I don't like chunks of fruit. I mixed the frozen blueberries in with the warm milk and applesauce so they would defrost and I wouldn't have to adjust the cooking time.

3.1g added sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.