Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Going Home for a Wedding

Thursday night Hubs and I headed down to Boston so we could catch the first flight of the morning on Friday. We stayed at this wonderful cute European Style hotel, the Inn at Crystal Cove, about 10 minutes from the airport. It was so nice Hubs, who usually doesn't notice much other that cleanliness, kept saying wow this hotel is really nice.

We woke up at 3:45 AM the next morning to get to the airport in time for out flight. We made it to the airport in time for our 6 AM flight. Early morning flights are my favorite since they are the least likely to be canceled and when you get to your destination you have all day there to enjoy yourself.

The HOT NOW light was on but the
only people inside when we got there were cops.

My mom picked us up at O'Hare, took us to Krispy Kreme (where we got a dozen doughnuts, four of them hot) and then took us to Rockford, IL. We sat at my grandma's house and visited with relatives who were not essential for my cousin's wedding preparations. We ate lunch.

My OOTN
Not Pictured: Cute Giant Buttons Down the back of the Dress

The rehearsal dinner was at a lovely restaurant called Franchesco's. Dinner was so delicious. (My cousin is the groom so I assume my aunt and uncle were responsible for the wonderful meal.) Hubs and I were exhausted so we went back to our hotel to sleep.

I drew a palm tree since they're honeymooning in Hawaii.

The next morning my sisters and I went to my cousin's house (the groom's oddest brother) to decorate their car and we got to see their new house and hang out with my grandpa who was staying with them. That was so much fun. We had lunch at Culver's afterward. (I can't wait until they're able to expand to New England.)

Nothing is better than Cheese Curds and Frozen Custard
(Eaten Separately)

The wedding was lovely. The church was an old church with stained glassed windows and arches. The sermon was about what to do to maintain a marriage and build love. Put God and your partner before yourself--be selfless. That reminded me that I had left the remaining rainbow sprinkle chocolate doughnut for Hubs and I told him so. He was so confused as to why I took that moment to tell him about the doughnut. I saved the better doughnut for him.

The reception had a coffee bar that only served expresso.

The reception was lovely! It was held at a natural history museum two blocks away from the church. (This caused our family some confusion as our cousins our young earth creationists and the museum insists that that the world was created over millions of years.) The bride and groom had a well rehearsed first dance. Then they invited everyone up to play just dance to open up the dance floor. We went home early because we're boring (and I'd been waking up at 6 every morning).

My Wedding OOTN
I loved that my dress had birds and bees on it!
Perfect for a wedding and a natural history museum.

The next day we had a picnic to celebrate my Grandma's 80th Birthday (her birthday's really in August but we took advantage of the fact that we were all together) at a local campground (the newlyweds weren't able to make it). I had my favorite sandwich--a chicken salad sandwich from Mary's Market. It was good fun.

The Box for Cards at the Reception

After the picnic my sister's and I went home to have dinner with my dad. I got to stay hello to one of my best friends from high school. We roasted s'mores over our fire pit (we could not find the tiles for the table or the cushions for the chair so it was incredibly improvised) in the back yard with my sister and her new boyfriend. The guy is nice. I hope he's a keeper and I hope I didn't scare him.


The next day we got breakfast at Walker Brother's with our college friends. It was good to catch up with them. Then we went back to my parents' house and played pool in the basement until my dad came to take us to the airport.

The airport was a disaster. We had planned on getting into Boston around 7, eating at Chick-fil-A and then driving back to Maine. Our flight was delayed 20 minutes. Then we boarded. Then we learned we'd have to be rerouted because of storms in Ohio so we'd have to go back to the gate to get more fuel. We ended up getting in to Boston around 9:30, after our bed time, after Chick-fil-A had closed, and about the time we thought we'd be getting to our house in Maine.

We end up eating at Sonic! OMFG So delicious a definite silver lining to the giant storm cloud that was having out flight delayed. I had a pretzel dog and tater tots and a slated carmel shake. If we had a Sonic near us I would totally be a slush aficionado.

Anyway, we ended up getting home around 1 AM after making several stops to stay awake as we traveled north. I collapsed into bed as soon as I brushed my teeth and washed my face and took out my contact. I just barely made it through work today. But, I ran out of time to upload pictures and I forgot to schedule this post (or at least a post saying I'll post later after I edit my pictures). Also, I gained 7 pounds over the weekend. Opps.


PS! This is my 100th post! I'm not considering it my official 100th post since I don't want to count my I'll post later today updates as real posts. Do you guys have any questions about me that I could answer or ideas for a 100th post post?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.