Thursday, September 5, 2013

Everybody to the Bat Cave


L.L. Bean's  Day Trekker Lumbar Pack

I got a lumbar pack to use when hiking. We like taking short day hikes. I hate wearing a backpack while hiking since it just sticks to my back and makes my shoulder sore. So I thought I'd try out a glorified fanny pack that can hold two bottles of water. I looked so cool that there are no pictures of me wearing it but it got the job done.

We headed to Bradbury Mountain State Park and took the path less traveled. Instead of heading up one of the many paths that take you to the top of the mountain, we went to the other side of the park. It was less crowded than the other side.

This trail was so confusing! It wasn't a hard trail
but it was super hard to follow! We abandoned it after getting
really, really turned around and so we went to the bat cave.

There were lots of ferns.

The rangers built boardwalks thru the swamp.

The Trail to the Bat Cave!

This must be the bat cave,
it was not as exciting as I expected.

A Place to Sit


We had a good time and my pack worked out nicely. I can't wait to take it for another hike. But, in the future I will manage my expectations better as I expected to see a real cave and maybe even a bat (or BATMAN) on the Batcave trail.

1 comment:

  1. It is tough to feel cool and stylish while wearing a fanny pack, but alas, sometimes they are necessary! It's a beautiful trail, but I think I would have fallen for the hype too. Maybe they could have called it Bat Rock or Bat Boulder?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read all comments and I try to reply to all of them if I can! If you want me to email you a reply to your comment go to your Blogger profile, select show your email address and put in your email address.